Saturday, February 14, 2009

Morning Tea

Revolting wake to a screeching hark,
Snapping brain to a jerking start
Guilty promise of a late-night lark
Rebelling mutiny of every body part!

Tempting call of the bed most alluring
Tasting mint with the ritual brushing
Nervous tingle of a splash refreshing
Forcing a fight to a denied sleeping.

First pangs of a fasting belly
Set on chasing time really
Hurtling towards the sweet jelly
All that's needed is the cup only.

Warming the cockles of my heart so deep
Ripping gently apart my brain from sleep
Setting me ready for promises to keep
Rigging me right for the ascent so steep.

Sun is magical for all green tree
So is nectar for the working bee
Tell me, without you, where would I be?
Oh dear, Blessed be the morning tea!

3 comments:

Manoj Kumar Mandelia said...

nice one again... I like the way you write so impersonally taking cues from everydays life... I enjoyed reading this one too...

Arnab said...

You must be an avid tea lover to go to such lengths :P
Nice work :)

Arnab said...
This comment has been removed by the author.