Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Lofted Catch

The world looks at,
Not the one with the bat,
Not the ten with the stare,
Only Destiny's trust with the ball's care.

The lights shine on,
It's lonely in the middle,
It's only me out there,
The crushing weight of the collective stare.

The ball went high,
On its flight to sky,
On its wings of hope,
Till gravity decided to pull at its rope.

The ball turned back,
I followed its track,
I became its destiny,
The tryst set my heart on a pounding mutiny.

The catch was a gift-
Why did I shift?
What did I care?
The easiest task gives the greatest scare!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm....u r getting better and better....keep them coming...

Jeevanjyoti Chakraborty said...

Thanks a lot for the encouragement!

Manoj Kumar Mandelia said...

This is a master piece...the analogy goes very deep in thinking...each line has an intent message clinging itself to the theme and creating a full visualization of the nuances of life in a simple, well worked out analogy..
I really enjoyed reading it....